When I’m not writing Academy books, (weekends, waiting on beta readers and editors, etc., basically on my off time), I usually dabble in new stories.
I just enjoy creating, so As I Write is my playground of stories.
For now, I’m uploading over at WattPad. I don’t have a set schedule for uploads, it’s basically what I’m inspired to write next. Follow me there to get updates. If you were a member of the As I Write newsletter, I’m no longer sharing stories that way and am exclusively using WattPad for now.
Since I work on it when I can, it may be slow, one chapter at a time.
You can choose to read as we go, wait a few weeks and read batches at a time, or wait for the story is done and read all at once.
The choice is up to you!
If you love serial stories or don’t want to wait until the next book is out, or simply enjoy free stories, head on over: https://www.wattpad.com/user/clstone
HOW THIS WORKS
- I generally work on a few stories at the same time. So you might see an odd smattering of stories. Some might finish quickly, some might never finish. I also work this around as I’m working on full novels.
- Try the stories out, and look for updates via WattPad.
- The stories stay in WattPad and once complete, it should stay in WattPad but also compiled up, edited and sold through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, etc. The choice will be up to you to read the ‘draft’ or the completed edited version you can download and keep.
- If you only want to know when stories are complete and polished, stick with the CL Stone newsletter. I’ll announce there only when a full book (the serial is complete) is finished.
- This is a work in progress, so if you have improvement ideas, let me know!
I may load Academy stories to this. I’m still working that out. You’ll be notified well before if one is going to be coming along. It might just be the follow up series after Ghost Bird and Scarab Beetle are complete. It might just be bonus stories or cut scenes or added short things.
Because of how Ghost Bird and Scarab Beetle have been published, I can’t add in those, I think. However, I’m hoping going forward, we can all enjoy this method of getting new stories and series for free.
There are no deadlines or regular postings. It might be every other week to start, but if I’m sick or something pops up like I’ve got to release a Scarab Beetle or other big book, expect some pauses. I also pause for vacation and holidays.
What is uploaded is random. This is to give me more freedom to do what I’m inspired and to be able to switch things up for myself.
I may not be able to answer too many questions about current stories in progress. Honestly because I probably don’t know. This is ‘as I’m writing’ so there are a lot of things I’m working out. You can try to ask, but I can’t promise to actually know.
There are going to be mistakes. I do the best I can to edit with a little assistance, however, as the chapters are released, I don’t have anyone else looking at them. I also don’t really proofread too closely until the whole book is done so there will probably be errors.
I don’t have age restriction on this website. The assumption is that you’re old enough to be on here and you have permission or you’re an adult and don’t need permission. In any case, content here ranges wildly in nature. Use your own discretion.
Rules will change as we go. I don’t know what might happen. 🙂 This is experimental for me.